What are my responsibilities before sailing?
There are several responsibilities listed below but the responsibilities are not limited to this list:
- Review the weather conditions and forecast and plan wisely.
- Knowledgeable on how to sail the boat you intend to use, which includes knowing how to properly rig and how to perform a safety check of lines, wires, cleats, shackles, etc.
- Knowledgeable on how to properly launch
- Knowledgeable on how to sail up wind, down wind and a straight course
- knowledgeable on how to return to dock or to boat dolly
- knowledgeable to upright a capsized boat
- Sign out my boat on the sign out whiteboard
- Make sure my guests sign a waiver
- Make sure everyone on board is wearing a properly fitted and zipped PFD
- Make sure you sail with a communication plan. This includes a radio check of channel 5 and if using a cell phone,