2019 Summer Sailing Camp
Weekly camp sessions each week for 10 weeks
Begins Monday, June 3 - Ends, Friday, Agust 9
9am to 4pm daily
Little Skippers Half-Day 9am to Noon option. Sold-Out: Week 4
Details & Pricing
Weekly camp sessions available for 10 weeks begining Monday, June 3 through Friday, August 9, 2019
Sailing Camp Options:
- Little Skippers ( Ages 5 to 7) Half Day 9am to Noon SOLD-OUT: Week 4
- Opti Basic ( Ages 7 to 12) 9am to 4pm
- Opti Intermediate Advanced ( Ages 7 t o 12) 9am to 4pm
- Dinghy Basic ( Ages 12 to 17) 9am to 4pm
- Dinghy Intermediate Advanced ( Ages 12 to 17) 9am to 4pm
Please click on the following link to learn more about each course: Course Description
Fee for one week of Opti & Dinghy camps: $290 (includes sunshirt)
Discounts for multiple weeks will be applied when additional weeks are purchased in bulk
Fee for one week of Little Skippers: $170 (includes sunshirt)
Multiple week discounts do not apply for this course
A sunshirt will be provided for the chilld's 1st week of camp
Camp Additions (purchased online during registration)
- Lunches $40/week (option not available for Little Skippers)
- Pizza (Monday, Friday); sub sandwiches (Tuesday, Thursday); Cookout with hamburgers/hotdogs (Friday)
- Morning Camp Care (begining at 7:30am): $40 per week/1st child. No charge for additional children in same household
- After Camp Care (until 5:45pm): $40 per week/1st child. No charge for additional children in same household
- A limited number of sailing helmets will be avialable for rent. The charge is $5 per week with a $50 deposit
Frequently asked questions:
Who teaches camp?
- All classes are taught by certified US Sailing Instructors.
What to bring to camp?
- Closed-toe shoes with soft sole and ability to get wet, hat, bathing suit, towel, sunglasses, refillable water bottle, backpack and sunscreen for reapplication throughout the day. We also encourage you to bring a US Coast Guard approved PFD (life jacket.) However, PFD's will be supplied should you not have a personal PFD. Sailing helmets are recommended, but not required. A limited number of helmets will be available for rent. Please be sure to write your child's name on all personal belongings.
Do you have any prerequisities for camp?
- Yes, campers must be able to swim with a life jacket on.
Will lunch be provided for the campers?
- Yes, lunch will be provided for $40 per week. Pizza (Mon, Fri); Sub sandwiches (Tues, Thurs); Cookout on Friday with hamburgers/hotdogs. Campers electing to bring lunches from home should bring a cooler to keep food chilled.
Will care for my child be available before or after standard camp hours?
Yes, for an additional fee extended care is available
- Morning care is available begining at 7:30am for $40.
- After care is available from 4 to 5:45 pm for $40.
Where is the Sailing Center located?
- The Sailing Center is located in the Indian Riverside Park. Our address is 1955 NE Indian River Drive, Jensen Beach, Florida 34957. Our two-story waterside facility is located on the Indian River Lagoon.
What is the refund policy?
- The USSCMC will refund 100% of registration fees if cancellation is requested 8 days prior to the first day of camp, less a $25 cancellation fee. For cancellations after the 8th day and until one day prior to camp by 6pm, we will refund 50% of the registration fee. As of the first day of camp, no refunds will be issued. All cancellations must be received by email to email@example.com
- Classes may be changed up to one week prior to the first day of camp for no additional fee. Changes made within the week will be charged a $25 change fee.
Staff and Volunteer Opportunities
For more information and to register please click here