Save the Dates for these Important Fundraisers
November 14, 2015 All Hands On Deck – High School Cocktail Party Fundraiser
February 26, 2016 Make Your Mark – Dinner and Auction/ Fundraiser (in casual elegance at Sailfish Point)
April 1, 2016 Ports of Call – Dinner and Auction (Celebrating Community Sailing) at Frances Langford Pavilion
To keep our cost low and continue to offer "Sailing for Everyone" we need your help!! Your help to meet Facility & Boat Needs, Capital Improvements to take the Center into the Future and ultimately provide an endowment.
The USSCMC and the US Sailing Foundation of Martin County are 501c-3 non-profit organizations that provide support for our mission and opportunities for numerous other non-profits. You do not have to look hard to see the charity at work in our local community.
This past summer the USSCMC provided more than 50 summer camp scholarships - hosted 30 children from Building Bridges for an introduction to sailing -provided 6 children from Building Bridges a week of our Sailing Camp - hosted children from Hibiscus Center children every Sunday - provided a cook-out celebration luncheon for the children and the Hibiscus staff once a quarter - provided ARC (Advocates for Rights of the Challenged) a 6 week sailing program - hosted 80 Anderson Middle School teachers and administrators (a public school in Martin County) for a day of team-building through sailing - continued to host the children of Operation 300 for a day of sailing. At almost every event we provide a cookout and the sailing at zero cost to the organization because of your generosity and the help of countless volunteers. In addition to all these charitable events and activities, the USSCMC provided nearly $10,000 of in-kind sailing donations to more than 30 local non-profit fundraising efforts.
Our charitable government status is backed by charitable behavior. Our charitable behavior is a reflection of the generous hearts of members and friends in our community. Thank you for your past support and thank you for continuing to make these sailing outreach programs possible.
There are many Creative ways YOU can help with our fundraising and every bit helps!!
- Donate a weeks’ vacation in your 2nd home or a timeshare
- Ask your favorite restaurant to donate a dinner gift certificate for two
- Ask your favorite spa, club, salon, golf club, sports club, shooting range, race track, etc. for a gift certificate
- Donate a fishing trip, cruise, snorkel or dive trip on your boat
- Donate your frequent traveler miles
- Donate your cash back rewards from credit purchases
- Ask your employer if they match gifts, designate the USSCMC for your United Way contribution
- If you know of specific grants please point us in that direction
- If you have business friends who could benefit from our corporate sponsorship program, then please pass along some contact information
- Ask your employer if they support local charities by funding scholarships or funding grants
- Consider donating a marketable used boat or car
- Consider gifting stock and/ or setting up a lifetime annuity
Carpenter Projects and Painting Projects - Looking for volunteers
- Power Boats to be bottom painted
- Sailboats need rigging repairs
- Dock repairs need some minor carpentry
Planners, Coordinators, Doers, Donors, etc
Please contact us to see how you can get involved.
772-334-8085 x50 or 772-260-3310