US Sailing Small Boat Level One Instructor Course at USSCMC
- A Spring 2022 date is TBD
The US Sailing Small Boat Level 1 Sailing Instructor Certification Course is designed to provide sailing instructors with information on how to teach safely, effectively, and creatively.
- Benefits of Obtaining Level One Certification
- Level One Certification is mandatory training for anyone interested in teaching sailing at the US Sailing Center (as in Summer Camp or any other sailing program). The benefits of this training are many. Most important, it provides a standardized approach to sailing instruction and safety practices.
- For those who have no professional aspirations for sailing, the training builds sailing confidence and makes you a far more qualified sailing volunteer. Additional benefits to USSCMC members who have an active US Sailing Level One Instructor Certificate on file with the employment office of the USSCMC include the following…
- Opportunities to run start up sailing programs with the USSCMC
- Opportunities for a part time income
- Opportunities to sail beyond our sailing area, by simply filing a sailing plan and obtaining permission from the Sailing Director
- Opportunities to sail at times when the USSCMC is typically closed